37:11 And it came to pass, that when the army of the Chaldeans was broken up from Jerusalem for fear of Pharaoh's army,
And it came to pass
Five phases of Jeremiah's prison experiences are recorded:
(1) He is arrested in the gate and committed to a dungeon on the false charge of treason Jeremiah 37:11-15 .
(2) he is released from the dungeon, but restrained to the court of the prison;
(3) he is imprisoned in the miry dungeon and kept in prison court Jeremiah 38:1-6 .
(4) he is again released from the dungeon and kept in the prison court Jeremiah 38:13-28 until the capture of the city;
(5) carried in chains from the city by Nebuzar-adan, captain of the guard, he is finally released at Ramah. Jeremiah 40:1-4 .