Joshua 6: 1 those who stand in strong defiance of ... Read more
Joshua 6: 1 those who stand in strong defiance of the power and will of the Lord stand for their own destruction.
2. God will always deliver on His promises if we remain faithful to Him and do all He has commanded.
3 - 5, 10, 15-16, 20. Sometimes our victory does not come in the way we expect it, the Israelites were commanded to march around the wall of Jericho. To the spiritually bind this would seem like foolishness and would laugh at the Israelites as they obeyed God. But in the end God validates his people and punishes those who mock and scoffs at them. It takes faith to obey God because sometimes what He commands us to do at the time may not make sense to the human mind but will be revealed to us as we continue to obey him.
22 -23, 25. Rehab and her household was save because of her faith. The faith of one can save many if they align themselves to the faithful. If the persons with in Rehab's family did no submit to her commands and had left the house they would have died. Noah's righteousness covered all his household.
18-21. When the Lord judges a system the people of God must never put on any thing from that system. We should take nothing from them for ourselves but whatever we are commanded to take should be devoted into the service of the Lord. We are required to execute judgement upon the system that opposes the Lord and utterly destroy them. Read less
(4) The Ark of Covenant represented God’... Read more
(4) The Ark of Covenant represented God’s presence, when God is taking us though places we have never been before we are required to keeping our eyes on him (to follow him) so that we will know the way we should go. Yet we should not follow too closely or go ahead of Him because we know not the way but we must follow at a distance where we can clearly see Him.
(5)When moving in God’s presence we are required to cleanse ourselves of all sin and transgression, so as to not grieve the Holy Spirit. We cannot be doubling in sin and expect to receive God’s grace, we may receive God’s grace but without repentance we may find ourselves at the severity end of God’s power.
(7) God promises to exalt us, if we remain faithful to his purposes for our lives.
(13) God’s purposes has a timeline, if we do not move when God requires us we may just miss Him. If the priests hesitated and did not move when God commanded them the entire community might have missed the window of opportunity. (15) Regardless of how dangerous or difficult the task that God leads us into seems, all we have to do is exercise faith in God, for he has already provided a way.
4:18 And the priests came up out of the river carrying the ark of the covenant of the LORD. No sooner had they set their feet on the dry ground than the waters of the Jordan returned to their place and ran at flood stage as before. Read less
To receive email newsletters, updates, and special offers from BibleStudyTools, select your newsletter(s), enter your email address and hit "Subscribe".