|Overview - 1 Chronicles 12|
|1||The companies that came to David at Ziklag.|
|23||The armies that came to him at Hebron.|
1 Chronicles 12:23 (King James Version)
And these are the numbers of the bands that were ready armed to the war, and came to David to Hebron, to turn the kingdom of Saul to him, according to the word of the LORD.
- M. 2956. B.C. 1048. An. Ex. Is. 433. the numbers.
- 11:1-3 2 Samuel 2:3 2 Samuel 2:4 ; 5:1-3
- or, captains, or men. Hebrew heads. came to David.
- Some learned men understand this as relating to the time when David was make king over Judah, on his first coming to Hebron: but it seems wholly to refer to his being made king over all Israel, after the death of Ishbosheth; for there was no such union or assembly of the several tribes on the former occasion, as is here described.
- to turn
- 11:10 1 Samuel 16:1 1 Samuel 16:3 1 Samuel 16:12 1 Samuel 16:13 ; 2 Samuel 3:18 ; Psalms 2:6 ; Psalms 89:19 Psalms 89:20