|Overview - 1 Chronicles 13|
|1||David fetches the ark with great solemnity from Kirjath-|
|9||Uzza being smitten, the ark is left at the house of Obed-|
1 Chronicles 13:7 (King James Version)
And they carried the ark of God in a new cart out of the house of Abinadab: and Uzza and Ahio drave the cart.
- carried the ark
- Hebrew made the ark to ride.
- At Numbers 3:10 ,and again at ver. 38, ; a particular caution is given that strangers must not touch, or even pry into, the most holy things connected with the tabernacle, lest the offender die. In giving the law, also, even a beast which touched Sinai's mount was, by the Almighty's fiat, to be stoned or thrust through with a dart. And again we read, ( Numbers 4:15 )after special orders to Aaron and his sons about
- covering the sanctuary and all the vessels previously to a removal, that the Kohathites, who were to carry them, "shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die." These were positive commands. May the sin of Uzza in touching the ark, warn Christians to take heed of rashness and irreverence in dealing about holy things: see ver 9.
- in a new cart
- 1 Chronicles 15:2 1 Chronicles 15:13 Numbers 4:15 ; 1 Samuel 6:7 ; 2 Samuel 6:3
- out of the house
- 1 Samuel 7:1 1 Samuel 7:2