|Overview - 1 Chronicles 20|
|1||Rabbah is besieged by Joab, spoiled by David, and the people thereof tortured.|
|4||Three giants are slain in three several overthrows of the Philistines.|
1 Chronicles 20:1 (King James Version)
And it came to pass, that after the year was expired, at the time that kings go out to battle, Joab led forth the power of the army, and wasted the country of the children of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried at Jerusalem. And Joab smote Rabbah, and destroyed it.
- M. 2969. B.C. 1035. An. Ex. Is. 456. And it came.
- 2 Samuel 11:1
- after the year was expired
- Hebrew at the return of the year.
- 1 Kings 20:22 1 Kings 20:26 ; 2 Kings 13:20
- Isaiah 6:11 ; 54:16
- Deuteronomy 3:11 ; 2 Samuel 12:26 ; 17:27 Jeremiah 49:2 Jeremiah 49:3 ; Ezekiel 21:20 ; 25:5 Amos 1:14
- Joab smote
- 2 Samuel 11:16-25 ; 12:26-31