|Overview - 1 Chronicles 9|
|1||The original of Israel and Judah's genealogies.|
|14||and the Levites, with Nethinims, which dwelt in Jerusalem.|
|27||The charge of certain Levites.|
|35||The stock of Saul and Jonathan.|
1 Chronicles 9:33 (King James Version)
And these are the singers, chief of the fathers of the Levites, who remaining in the chambers were free: for they were employed in that work day and night.
- the singers
- 6:31-33 15:16-22 16:4-6 25:1-31 Ezra 7:24
- were free
- Nehemiah 11:17 Nehemiah 11:22 Nehemiah 11:23
- they, etc
- Hebrew upon them. employed.
- A number of Levites were employed by rotation in singing the praises of Jehovah; and they seem to have continued the service day and night: see the References.
- Psalms 134:1 Psalms 134:2 ; 135:1-3