|Overview - 1 Kings 6|
|1||The building of Solomon's temple.|
|5||The chambers thereof.|
|11||God's promise unto it.|
|15||The ceiling and adorning of it.|
|37||The time of building it.|
1 Kings 6:5 (King James Version)
And against the wall of the house he built chambers round about, against the walls of the house round about, both of the temple and of the oracle: and he made chambers round about:
- or, upon, or joining to. built.
- 1 Chronicles 9:26 ; 23:28 28:11 2 Chronicles 31:11 ; Nehemiah 10:37 ; 12:44 13:5-9 Solomon 1:4
- Jeremiah 35:4 ; Ezekiel 40:44 ; 41:5-11 42:3-12
- Hebrew floors.
- These appear to have been what we should now call corridors or galleries; in which were apartments for the use of the priests. They consisted of three stories, and increased one cubit in breadth in every story, the wall of the temple being two cubits thicker at the bottom than at the top; and where the wall diminished, a rest was thus formed for the beams of the chambers to lodge upon.
- 1 Kings 6:16 1 Kings 6:19-21 1 Kings 6:31 ; Exodus 25:22 ; Leviticus 16:2 ; Numbers 7:89 ; 2 Chronicles 4:20 ; 2 Chronicles 5:7 2 Chronicles 5:9 Psalms 28:2
- Hebrew ribs.