|Overview - 1 Samuel 2|
|1||Hannah's song in thankfulness.|
|12||The sin of Eli's sons.|
|20||By Eli's blessing Hannah is more fruitful.|
|22||Eli reproves his sons.|
|27||A prophecy against Eli's house.|
1 Samuel 2:29 (King James Version)
Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
- kick ye
- 13-17 ; Deuteronomy 32:15 ; Malachi 1:12 Malachi 1:13
- and at mine
- They disdained to take the part allowed by the law; and would take for themselves what part they pleased, and as much as they pleased.
- Deuteronomy 12:5 Deuteronomy 12:6 ; Joshua 18:1
- and honourest
- By permitting his sons to deal thus with the sacrifices, and to be served first, by taking their part before the fat, etc., was burnt to the Lord, Eli thus honoured his sons above God.
- Leviticus 19:15 ; Deuteronomy 33:9 ; Matthew 10:37 ; 22:16 Luke 14:26 ; 2 Corinthians 5:16 ; James 3:17
- 13-16 ; Isaiah 56:11 Isaiah 56:12 ; Ezekiel 13:19 ; 34:2 Hosea 4:8 ; Micah 3:5 ; Romans 16:18