|Overview - 1 Samuel 25|
|2||David in Paran sends to Nabal.|
|10||Provoked by Nabal's churlishness, he minds to destroy him.|
|14||Abigail understanding thereof,|
|18||takes a present;|
|23||and by her wisdom,|
|36||Nabal hearing thereof, dies.|
|39||David takes Abigail and Ahinoam to be his wives.|
|44||Michal is given to Phalti.|
1 Samuel 25:29 (King James Version)
Yet a man is risen to pursue thee, and to seek thy soul: but the soul of my lord shall be bound in the bundle of life with the LORD thy God; and the souls of thine enemies, them shall he sling out, as out of the middle of a sling.
- The metaphors in this verse are derived from the consideration, that things of value are collected together, and often tied up in bundles, like sheaves of corn, to prevent their being scattered and lost, and that whatever is put into a sling is not intended to be preserved, but to be thrown away.
- 2:9 Genesis 15:1 ; Deuteronomy 33:29 ; Psalms 66:9 ; 116:15 Malachi 3:17 ; Matthew 10:29 Matthew 10:30
- with the Lord
- John 10:27-30 ; 14:19 John 17:21 John 17:23 Colossians 3:3 Colossians 3:4 ; 1 Peter 1:5
- sling out
- Jeremiah 10:18
- as out of the middle of a sling
- Hebrew in the midst of the
- bow of a sling.