Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Chronicles 17|
| 1 ||Jehoshaphat, succeeding Asa, reigns well, and prospers. |
| 7 ||He sends Levites with the princes to teach Judah. |
|10 ||His enemies being terrified by God, some of them bring him presents and tribute. |
|12 ||His greatness, captains, and armies. |
2 Chronicles 17:7 (King James Version)
Also in the third year of his reign he sent to his princes, even to Benhail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethaneel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah.
- M. 3092. B.C. 912. he sent.
- In these verse we have an account of a remarkable itinerant ministry established by Jehoshaphat, in which three classes of men were employed: 1
- the Princes; 2. the Levites; 3. the Priests. We may presume that the Princes instructed the people in the nature of the civil law and constitution of the kingdom; that the Levites instructed them in every thing that appertained to the temple service, and ritual law; and that the Priests instructed them in the nature and design of their religion. Thus the nation became thoroughly instructed in their duty to God, to the king, and to each other; they therefore became as one man; and against a people thus united, on such principles, no enemy could be successful.
- Deuteronomy 4:5 ; Psalms 34:11 ; 51:13 Ecclesiastes 1:12 ; Ecclesiastes 12:9 Ecclesiastes 12:10 Isaiah 49:23
- to teach
- 15:3 30:22 35:3 Deuteronomy 33:10 ; Nehemiah 8:7 Nehemiah 8:8 Nehemiah 8:13 Nehemiah 8:14 ; 9:3 Matthew 4:23 ; Mark 4:2
- Luke 4:43 Luke 4:44 ; Acts 1:1