Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Chronicles 23|
| 1 ||Jehoiada, having set things in order, makes Joash king. |
|12 ||Athaliah is slain. |
|16 ||Jehoiada restores the worship of God. |
2 Chronicles 23:2 (King James Version)
And they went about in Judah, and gathered the Levites out of all the cities of Judah, and the chief of the fathers of Israel, and they came to Jerusalem.
- went about
- Psalms 112:5 ; Matthew 10:16 ; Ephesians 5:15
- the chief of
- Houbigant omits the words of Israel
- Bp. Patrick, however, is of the opinion that Judah is here called by the general name of Israel: but it is probable, that these "chief fathers of Israel," were the descendants of those priests and Levites, and other pious persons of the ten tribes, who left their cities and possessions, and joined themselves to Judah, in the days of Jeroboam
- See the parallel passages.
- 11:13-17 1 Chronicles 15:12 ; 24:6