|Overview - 2 Chronicles 29|
|1||Hezekiah's good reign.|
|3||He restores religion.|
|5||He exhorts the Levites.|
|12||They sanctify themselves, and cleanse the house of God ||20 ||Hezekiah offers solemn sacrifices, wherein the Levites are more forward than the priests. |
2 Chronicles 29:34 (King James Version)
But the priests were too few, so that they could not flay all the burnt offerings: wherefore their brethren the Levites did help them, till the work was ended, and until the other priests had sanctified themselves: for the Levites were more upright in heart to sanctify themselves than the priests.
- the priests
- Peace offerings, and such like, the Levites might flay and dress; but the whole burnt offerings could only be touched by the priests, except in a case of necessity, such as the present.
- 5 ; 2 Chronicles 30:16 2 Chronicles 30:17
- their brethren
- 35:11 Numbers 8:15 Numbers 8:19 ; Numbers 18:3 Numbers 18:6 Numbers 18:7
- did help them
- Hebrew strengthened them. for the Levites.
- 1 Chronicles 29:17 ; Psalms 7:10 ; 26:6 94:15