Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - 2 Kings 15|
| 1 ||Azariah's good reign. |
| 5 ||He dying a leper, Jotham succeeds. |
| 8 ||Zachariah the last of Jehu's generation, reigning ill, is slain by Shallum. |
|13 ||Shallum, reigning a month, is slain by Menahem. |
|16 ||Menahem strengthens himself by Pul. |
|21 ||Pekahiah succeeds him. |
|23 ||Pekahiah is slain by Pekah. |
|27 ||Pekah is oppressed by Tiglath-pileser, and slain by Hoshea. |
|32 ||Jotham's good reign. |
|36 ||Ahaz succeeds him. |
2 Kings 15:37 (King James Version)
In those days the LORD began to send against Judah Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah.
- M. 3262. B.C. 742. In those days.
- "At the end of Jotham's reign." This Jotham died at forty-one. He was too great a blessing to be continued long to such an unworthy people. His death was a judgment, especially considering the character of Ahaz, his son and successor: for we read, ( 16:3 (16:3)Ahaz made his son pass through the fire. This son may have been Hezekiah, who served the Lord, and whose prayer in sickness was most graciously herd and answered.
- Isaiah 38:1-22
- 10:32 1 Samuel 3:12 ; Jeremiah 25:29 ; Luke 21:28
- to send
- Deuteronomy 28:48 ; Psalms 78:49 ; Isaiah 10:5-7 ; Jeremiah 16:16 ; 43:10
- 16:5 2 Chronicles 28:6 ; Isaiah 7:1 Isaiah 7:8 ; Hosea 5:12 Hosea 5:13