|Overview - 2 Kings 3|
|6||Jehoram, with Jehoshaphat, and the king of Edom, being distressed for want of water, by Elisha obtains water, and promise of victory.|
|21||The Moabites, deceived by the colour of the water, coming to spoil, are overcome.|
|26||The king of Moab, failing in his attempt to break through to the king of Edom, sacrifices his son, and raises the siege.|
2 Kings 3:25 (King James Version)
And they beat down the cities, and on every good piece of land cast every man his stone, and filled it; and they stopped all the wells of water, and felled all the good trees: only in Kirharaseth left they the stones thereof; howbeit the slingers went about it, and smote it.
- beat down
- 19 ; Judges 9:45 ; 2 Samuel 8:2 ; Isaiah 37:26 Isaiah 37:27
- Genesis 26:15 Genesis 26:18 ; 2 Chronicles 32:4
- and felled
- Deuteronomy 20:19 Deuteronomy 20:20
- only in, etc
- Hebrew until he left the stones thereof in
- Kir-haraseth. Supposed to be the same as Ar, or Areopolis, the capital of Moab.
- Deuteronomy 2:9 ; Isaiah 16:7 Isaiah 16:11 ; Jeremiah 48:31 Jeremiah 48:36