|Overview - 2 Kings 4|
|1||Elisha multiplies the widow's oil.|
|8||He obtains a son for the good Shunammite.|
|18||He restores her son when dead.|
|38||At Gilgal he heals the deadly pottage.|
|42||He satisfies an hundred men with twenty loaves.|
2 Kings 4:8 (King James Version)
And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
- it fell on
- Hebrew there was.
- 2 Kings 4:11 2 Kings 4:18
- This city was situated in the tribe of Issachar, five miles south from mount Tabor, according to Eusebius; and is probably the place which he calls Sanim, in Acrabatene, in the neighbourhood of Samaria or Sebaste.
- 12 ; Joshua 19:18 ; 1 Samuel 28:4 ; 1 Kings 1:3
- a great woman
- 2 Samuel 19:32 ; Job 1:3 ; 32:9 Luke 1:15
- she constrained him
- Hebrew she laid hold on him.
- Genesis 19:3 ; Judges 19:20 ; Proverbs 7:21 ; Luke 14:23 ; 24:29 Acts 16:15