|Overview - 2 Samuel 14|
|1||Joab, suborning a widow of Tekoah by a parable to incline the king's heart to fetch home Absalom, brings him to Jerusalem.|
|25||Absalom's beauty, hair, and children.|
|28||After two years, Absalom is brought into the king's presence by Joab.|
2 Samuel 14:11 (King James Version)
Then said she, I pray thee, let the king remember the LORD thy God, that thou wouldest not suffer the revengers of blood to destroy any more, lest they destroy my son. And he said, As the LORD liveth, there shall not one hair of thy son fall to the earth.
- let the king
- Genesis 14:22 ; Genesis 24:2 Genesis 24:3 31:50 1 Samuel 20:42
- thou, etc
- Hebrew the revenger of blood do not multiply to
- the revengers.
- Numbers 35:19 Numbers 35:27 ; Deuteronomy 19:4-10 ; Joshua 20:3-6
- As the Lord
- 1 Samuel 14:45 ; 28:10 Jeremiah 4:2
- not one hair
- 1 Kings 1:52 ; Matthew 10:30 ; Acts 27:34