|Overview - 2 Samuel 16|
|1||Ziba, by presents and false suggestions, obtains his master's inheritance.|
|5||At Bahurim Shimei curse David.|
|9||David with patience abstains, and restrains others, from revenge.|
|15||Hushai insinuates himself into Absalom's counsel.|
2 Samuel 16:1 (King James Version)
And when David was a little past the top of the hill, behold, Ziba the servant of Mephibosheth met him, with a couple of asses saddled, and upon them two hundred loaves of bread, and an hundred bunches of raisins, and an hundred of summer fruits, and a bottle of wine.
- little past
- 2 Samuel 15:30 2 Samuel 15:32
- 2 Samuel 9:2 2 Samuel 9:9-12
- with a couple
- 17:27-29 19:32 1 Samuel 17:17 1 Samuel 17:18 ; 25:18 1 Chronicles 12:40 ; Proverbs 18:16 ; Proverbs 29:4 Proverbs 29:5
- These were probably pumpkins, cucumbers, or water-melons; the two latter being extensively used in the East to refresh travellers in the burning heat of the summer; and probably, as Mr. Harmer supposes, called summer fruits on this very account.
- Jeremiah 40:10 Jeremiah 40:12 ; Amos 8:1 ; Micah 7:1
- a bottle
- 1 Samuel 10:3 ; 16:20