|Overview - Acts 12|
|1||King Herod persecutes the Christians, kills James, and imprisons Peter; whom an angel delivers upon the prayers of the church.|
|20||Herod in his pride taking to himself the honour due to God, is stricken by an angel, and dies miserably.|
|24||After his death, the word of God prospers.|
|25||Saul and Barnabas return to Antioch.|
Acts 12:20 (King James Version)
And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; because their country was nourished by the king's country.
- was highly displeased or, bare an hostile mind intending
- Genesis 10:15 Genesis 10:19 ; Joshua 19:29 ; Isaiah 23:1-4 ; Matthew 11:21 Matthew 11:22
- Proverbs 17:14 ; 20:18 25:8 Ecclesiastes 10:4 ; Isaiah 27:4 Isaiah 27:5 ; Luke 14:31 Luke 14:32
- the king's chamberlain
- Greek that was over the king's
- bed-chamber because.
- 1 Kings 5:9-11 ; 2 Chronicles 2:10 2 Chronicles 2:15 ; Ezra 3:7 ; Ezekiel 27:17 ; Hosea 2:8 Hosea 2:9 ; Amos 4:6-9
- Haggai 1:8-11 ; Haggai 2:16 Haggai 2:17 Luke 16:8