|Overview - Amos 4|
|1||He reproves Israel for oppression,|
|6||and for their incorrigibleness.|
Amos 4:4 (King James Version)
Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:
- A bitter irony and sarcasm, addressed to the idolatrous Israelites.
- 3:14 Ecclesiastes 11:9 ; Ezekiel 20:39 ; Joel 3:9-12 ; Matthew 23:32 ; 26:45 Mark 14:41
- at Gilgal
- 5:5 Hosea 4:15 ; 9:15 12:11
- and bring
- Numbers 28:3 Numbers 28:4
- and your
- Deuteronomy 14:28 Deuteronomy 14:29 ; 26:12
- three years
- Hebrew three years of days.