|Overview - Daniel 2|
|1||Nebuchadnezzar, forgetting his dream, requires it of the Chaldeans, by promises and threatenings.|
|10||They acknowledging their inability are judged to die.|
|14||Daniel obtaining some respite finds the dream.|
|19||He blesses God.|
|24||He staying the decree is brought to the king.|
Daniel 2:44 (King James Version)
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
- in the days
- Chal. in their days.
- That is, in the days of one of these kingdoms, (see Ruth 1:1, ,)i.e, the Roman; in which the "God of heaven set up" the spiritual kingdom of the Messiah, which shall yet "become a great mountain, and fill the whole earth."
- the God
- Daniel 2:28 Daniel 2:37
- set up
- Genesis 49:10 ; Psalms 2:6-12 ; 72:1-20 Psalms 89:3 Psalms 89:4 Psalms 89:19-36 110:1-4 Isaiah 9:6 Isaiah 9:7
- Matthew 3:2 Matthew 3:3 ; 28:18 Ephesians 1:20-22
- which shall never
- Daniel 4:3 Daniel 4:34 6:26 Daniel 7:13 Daniel 7:14 Psalms 145:13 ; Ezekiel 37:25 ; Micah 4:7 ; Luke 1:32 Luke 1:33
- John 12:34 ; Revelation 11:15
- Chal. kingdom thereof. break.
- 8:25 Psalms 2:9 ; Psalms 21:8 Psalms 21:9 Isaiah 60:12 ; 1 Corinthians 15:24 1 Corinthians 15:25 ; Revelation 2:27 ; 19:15-20