|Overview - Daniel 5|
|1||Belshazzar's impious feast.|
|5||A hand-writing unknown to the magicians, troubles the king.|
|10||At the commendation of the queen Daniel is brought.|
|17||He, reproving the king of pride and idolatry,|
|25||reads and interprets the writing.|
|30||The monarchy is translated to the Medes.|
Daniel 5:6 (King James Version)
Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.
- the king's
- 9 ; 2:1 3:19 Job 15:20-27 ; 20:19-27 Psalms 73:18-20 ; Isaiah 21:2-4
- Chal. brightness.
- was changed
- Chal. changed it. and his thoughts.
- 10 ; Daniel 4:5 Daniel 4:19 7:28
- so that
- Psalms 69:23 ; Isaiah 13:7 Isaiah 13:8 ; Isaiah 21:3 Isaiah 21:4
- or, girdles.
- Isaiah 5:27
- bindings, or knots. and his knees.
- Isaiah 35:3 ; Ezekiel 7:17 ; 21:7 Nahum 2:10 ; Hebrews 12:12