|Overview - Esther 1|
|1||Ahasuerus makes royal feasts.|
|10||Vashti, sent for, refuses to come.|
|13||Ahasuerus, by the counsel of Memucan, puts away Vashti, and makes the decree of men's sovereignty.|
Esther 1:19 (King James Version)
If it please the king, let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and the Medes, that it be not altered, That Vashti come no more before king Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal estate unto another that is better than she.
- it please the king
- Hebrew it be good with the king.
- 21 ; 3:9 8:5
- from him
- Hebrew from before him. it be not altered. Hebrew it
- pass not away.
- 8:8 Daniel 6:8-15 Daniel 6:17
- Let it be inserted among the permanent laws, and be made a part of the constitution of the empire. The Persians seem to have affected such a degree of wisdom in the construction of their laws, that they never could be amended, and should never be repealed; and this formed the ground of the saying, "The laws of the Medes and Persians that change not."* another Hebrew her companion. that is better.
- 1 Samuel 15:28 ; 1 Kings 3:28