|Overview - Esther 4|
|1||The great mourning of Mordecai and the Jews.|
|4||Esther, understanding it, sends to Mordecai, who shews the cause, and advises her to undertake the suit.|
|10||She excusing herself, is threatened by Mordecai.|
|15||She appointing a fast, undertakes the suit.|
Esther 4:16 (King James Version)
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
- Hebrew found. fast.
- 2 Chronicles 20:3 ; Isaiah 22:12 ; Joel 1:14 Joel 1:15 ; 2:12-17 Jonah 3:4-9
- eat nor drink
- 5:1 Matthew 12:40 ; Acts 9:9 ; 27:33
- I also
- Genesis 18:19 ; Joshua 24:15 ; Acts 10:7
- if I perish
- If I lose my life in the attempt to save my people, I shall lose it cheerfully. I see it is my duty to make the attempt; and, come what will, I am resolved to do it.
- Genesis 43:14 ; 1 Samuel 19:5 ; 2 Samuel 10:12 ; Luke 9:24 ; Acts 20:24 ; 21:13 Romans 16:4
- Philippians 2:30