|Overview - Ezekiel 17|
|1||Under the parable of two eagles and a vine,|
|11||is shewn God's judgment upon Jerusalem for revolting from Babylon to Egypt.|
|22||God promises to plant the cedar of the Gospel.|
Ezekiel 17:5 (King James Version)
He took also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitful field; he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree.
- the seed
- Zedekiah, brother to Jeconiah.
- 13 ; 2 Kings 24:17 ; Jeremiah 37:1
- planted it in a fruitful field
- Hebrew put it in a field of
- seed. Made him king of Judea.
- Deuteronomy 8:7-9
- he placed
- Made him dependent on Babylon, the city of great waters, as the willow is on humidity.
- Ezekiel 19:11 Ezekiel 19:12 Isaiah 15:7 ; 44:4