|Overview - Ezekiel 31|
|1||A relation unto Pharaoh,|
|3||of the glory of Assyria,|
|10||and the fall thereof for pride.|
|18||The like destruction of Egypt.|
Ezekiel 31:18 (King James Version)
To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
- To whom
- Pharaoh is here called upon to look in his mirror, and see the termination of his glory and greatness.
- art thou
- 2 ; 32:19
- with the
- Ezekiel 31:9 Ezekiel 31:16
- thou shalt
- 28:10 Ezekiel 32:10 Ezekiel 32:19 Ezekiel 32:21 Ezekiel 32:24-32 1 Samuel 17:26 1 Samuel 17:36 ; 2 Samuel 1:20 ; Jeremiah 9:25 Jeremiah 9:26
- This is
- That is, the judgment that befel the king of Assyria, is an exact representation of the destruction that remains for Pharaoh and all his people.
- 2 Chronicles 28:22 ; Psalms 52:7 ; Matthew 13:19 ; 26:26-28 1 Corinthians 10:14