|Overview - Ezekiel 33|
|1||According to the duty of a watchman in warning the people,|
|7||Ezekiel is admonished of his duty.|
|10||God shews the justice of his ways towards the penitent and towards revolters.|
|17||He maintains his justice.|
|21||Upon the news of the taking of Jerusalem he prophecies the desolation of the land.|
|30||God's judgment upon the mockers of the prophets.|
Ezekiel 33:31 (King James Version)
And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.
- as the people cometh
- Hebrew according to the coming of the
- 8:1 14:1 20:1-32 Luke 10:39 ; Acts 10:33
- they sit before thee as my people or, my people sit before
- thee and they.
- Jeremiah 6:16 Jeremiah 6:17 ; 43:1-7 44:16 Matthew 7:24-27 ; Luke 6:48 Luke 6:49 ; 8:21 11:28
- James 1:22-24
- for with
- Deuteronomy 5:28 Deuteronomy 5:29 ; Psalms 78:36 Psalms 78:37 ; Isaiah 29:13 ; James 2:14-16 ; 1 John 3:17 1 John 3:18
- shew much love
- Hebrew make loves, or jests.
- Isaiah 28:13 ; Jeremiah 23:33-38 ; Luke 16:14
- but their
- Matthew 6:24 ; 13:22 19:22 Luke 12:15-21 ; Ephesians 5:5 ; 1 Timothy 6:9 1 Timothy 6:10