|Overview - Genesis 11|
|1||One language in the world.|
|2||The building of Babel.|
|5||It is interrupted by the confusion of tongues, and the builders dispersed.|
|10||The generations of Shem.|
|27||The generations of Terah, the father of Abram.|
|31||Terah, with Abram and Lot, remove from Ur to Haran.|
Genesis 11:31 (King James Version)
And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
- M. 2078. B.C. 1926. took.
- Genesis 11:26 Genesis 11:27 ; 12:1
- they went
- 28 ; 12:1 Joshua 24:2 Joshua 24:3 ; Hebrews 11:8
- Ur was probably the place called Ouri, in Mesopotamia, two days' journey from Nisibis, in the way to the river Tigris.
- Joshua 24:2 ; Nehemiah 9:7 ; Acts 7:2-4
- the land
- 10:19 24:10
- C. cir. 1923. A.M. cir. 2081. Haran.
- 32 ; 12:4 Genesis 24:10 Genesis 24:15 27:43 Genesis 29:4 Genesis 29:5 Acts 7:2-4