|Overview - Genesis 14|
|1||The battle of four kings against the king of Sodom and his allies.|
|12||Lot is taken prisoner.|
|14||Abram rescues him.|
|17||Melchizedek blesses Abram at his return, who gives him tithes.|
|21||The rest of the spoil, his partners having had their portions he restores to the king of Sodom.|
Genesis 14:7 (King James Version)
And they returned, and came to Enmishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar.
- En-mishpat or Kadesh, was about 8 leagues south of Hebron.
- 16:14 20:1 Numbers 20:1 ; Deuteronomy 1:19 Deuteronomy 1:46
- Genesis 36:12 Genesis 36:16 Exodus 17:8-16 ; Numbers 14:43 Numbers 14:45 ; 24:20 1 Samuel 15:1-35 ; 27:1-12
- 1 Samuel 30:1-31
- Called by the Chaldee, "En-gaddi," a town on the western shore of the Dead Sea.
- Joshua 15:62 ; 2 Chronicles 20:2