|Overview - Genesis 22|
|1||Abraham is tempted to offer Isaac.|
|3||He gives proof of his faith and obedience.|
|11||The angel prevents him.|
|13||Isaac is exchanged for a ram.|
|14||The place is called Jehovah-jireh.|
|15||Abraham is again blessed.|
|20||The generations of Nahor unto Rebekah.|
Genesis 22:14 (King James Version)
And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
- Genesis 16:13 Genesis 16:14 28:19 32:30 Exodus 17:15 ; Judges 6:24 ; 1 Samuel 7:12 ; Ezekiel 48:35
- i.e., The Lord will see, or provide.
- Genesis 22:8 Genesis 22:13 ; Exodus 17:15
- Deuteronomy 32:36 ; Psalms 22:4 Psalms 22:5 ; Daniel 3:17-25 ; Micah 4:10 ; John 1:14 ; 2 Corinthians 1:8-10
- 1 Timothy 3:16
- it shall be seen
- "In the mount of the Lord it shall be provided." The meaning is, that God, in the greatest difficulties, when all human assistance is vain, will make a suitable provision for the deliverance of those who trust in Him.