|Overview - Habakkuk 1|
|1||Unto Habakkuk, complaining of the iniquity of the land,|
|5||is shewn the fearful vengeance by the Chaldeans.|
|12||He complains that vengeance should be executed by them who are far worse.|
Habakkuk 1:9 (King James Version)
They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.
- 6 ; 2:5-13 Deuteronomy 28:51 Deuteronomy 28:52 ; Jeremiah 4:7 ; 5:15-17 25:9
- their faces shall sup up as the east or, the supping up of
- their faces, as, etc. or, their faces shall look toward the east
- Hebrew the opposition of their faces shall be toward the east.
- Isaiah 27:8 ; Jeremiah 4:11 ; Ezekiel 17:10 ; 19:12 Hosea 13:15
- they shall gather
- 2:5 Genesis 41:49 ; Judges 7:12 ; Job 29:18 ; Psalms 139:18 ; Jeremiah 15:8 ; 34:22
- Hosea 1:10 ; Romans 9:27