|Overview - Jeremiah 25|
|1||Jeremiah, reproving the Jews' disobedience to the prophets,|
|8||foretells the seventy years' captivity;|
|12||and after that, the destruction of Babylon.|
|15||Under the type of a cup of wine he foreshews the destruction of all nations.|
|34||The howling of the shepherds.|
Jeremiah 25:34 (King James Version)
Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
- Jeremiah 25:23 Jeremiah 25:36 ; Jeremiah 4:8 Jeremiah 4:9 Ezekiel 34:16 ; James 5:1 James 5:2
- ye shepherds
- Ye kings and chiefs of the people. wallow.
- 6:26 48:26 Ezekiel 27:30 Ezekiel 27:31
- ye principal
- Ezekiel 34:17 Ezekiel 34:20
- the days of your
- Hebrew your days for.
- 12 ; 27:7 51:20-26 Isaiah 10:12 ; 33:1 Lamentations 4:21
- ye shall
- 19:10-12 22:28 Psalms 2:9 ; Isaiah 30:14
- pleasant vessel
- Hebrew vessel of desire.
- 3:19 2 Chronicles 36:10 ; Isaiah 2:16 ; Daniel 11:8 ; Amos 5:11 ; *margins