|Overview - Jeremiah 28|
|1||Hananiah prophesies falsely the return of the vessels, and of Jeconiah.|
|5||Jeremiah, wishing it to be true, shews that the event will declare the true prophets.|
|10||Hananiah breaks Jeremiah's yoke.|
|12||Jeremiah tells of an iron yoke;|
|15||and foretells Hananiah's death.|
Jeremiah 28:8 (King James Version)
The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence.
- The prophets
- As Hosea, Joel, Amos, Isaiah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and others, all of whom had denounced similar evils against a corrupt people. So that they who opposed Jeremiah also opposed those who preceded him; and it was altogether unprecedented for a true prophet to promise deliverance to a guilty nation, without calling them to repentance.
- Leviticus 26:14-46 ; Deuteronomy 4:26 Deuteronomy 4:27 ; 28:15-68 29:18-28 Deuteronomy 31:16 Deuteronomy 31:17 32:15-44
- 1 Samuel 2:27-32 ; 3:11-14 1 Kings 14:7-15 ; 17:1 21:18-24 22:8 Isaiah 5:1-8
- Isaiah 6:9-12 ; 13:18 24:1-23 Joel 1:2-20 ; 3:1-11 Micah 3:8-12
- Nahum 1:1-3:19 ; Amos 1:2