|Overview - Jeremiah 34|
|1||Jeremiah prophesies the captivity of Zedekiah and the city.|
|8||The princes and the people having dismissed their bond-servants, contrary to the covenant of God, re-assume them.|
|12||Jeremiah, for their disobedience, gives them and Zedekiah into the hands of their enemies.|
Jeremiah 34:1 (King James Version)
The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, when Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and all his army, and all the kingdoms of the earth of his dominion, and all the people, fought against Jerusalem, and against all the cities thereof, saying,
- M. 3415. B.C. 589. The word.
- This chapter contains two discourses, one concerning the taking of the city, and Zedekiah's captivity and death, ver. 1-7; and the other containing an invective against the
- inhabitants of Jerusalem for retaining their Hebrew slaves, ver. 8-22; both of which were delivered in the tenth year of Zedekiah.* when. 7 32:2 39:1-3 52:4-11 2Ki 25:1-9 2Ch 36:12-17
- all the kingdoms
- 1:15 27:5-7 Daniel 2:37 Daniel 2:38 ; Daniel 4:1 Daniel 4:22 5:19
- of his dominion
- Hebrew the dominion of his hand.