|Overview - Jeremiah 34|
|1||Jeremiah prophesies the captivity of Zedekiah and the city.|
|8||The princes and the people having dismissed their bond-servants, contrary to the covenant of God, re-assume them.|
|12||Jeremiah, for their disobedience, gives them and Zedekiah into the hands of their enemies.|
Jeremiah 34:17 (King James Version)
Therefore thus saith the LORD; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the LORD, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
- When they proclaimed liberty to their slaves, God restrained the sword from cutting them off; but now having resumed their authority over them, He proclaimed liberty to these dire judgments to seize upon, and destroy them.
- Leviticus 26:34 Leviticus 26:35 ; Deuteronomy 19:19 ; Judges 1:6 Judges 1:7 ; Esther 7:10 ; Daniel 6:24 ; Matthew 7:2
- Luke 6:37 Luke 6:38 ; Galatians 6:7 ; James 2:13 ; Revelation 16:6
- to the sword
- 15:2 21:7 24:10 Jeremiah 32:24 Jeremiah 32:36 Jeremiah 47:6 Jeremiah 47:7 Ezekiel 14:17-21
- I will
- 15:4 Jeremiah 24:9 Jeremiah 24:10 29:18 Deuteronomy 28:25 Deuteronomy 28:64
- to be removed
- Hebrew for a removing.
- Lamentations 1:8 ; *marg: