|Overview - Jeremiah 42|
|1||Johanan desires Jeremiah to enquire of God, promising obedience to his will.|
|7||Jeremiah assures him of safety in Judea;|
|13||and destruction in Egypt.|
|19||He reproves their hypocrisy, in enquiring of the Lord that which they mean not to follow.|
Jeremiah 42:18 (King James Version)
For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As mine anger and my fury hath been poured forth upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem; so shall my fury be poured forth upon you, when ye shall enter into Egypt: and ye shall be an execration, and an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproach; and ye shall see this place no more.
- As mine
- The people had witnessed the tremendous effects of the wrath of God, in the siege and destruction of Jerusalem; and had they not been past feeling, this denunciation must have made their ears tingle, and appalled their very souls.
- 6:11 7:20 39:1-9 52:4-11 2 Kings 25:4-7 ; 2 Chronicles 34:25 ; 36:16-19
- Lamentations 2:4 ; 4:11 Ezekiel 22:22 ; Daniel 9:11 Daniel 9:27 ; Nahum 1:6 ; Revelation 14:10 ; 16:2-21
- ye shall be
- 18:16 24:9 25:9 26:6 Jeremiah 29:18 Jeremiah 29:22 44:12 Deuteronomy 29:21 Deuteronomy 29:22 ; 1 Kings 9:7-9
- Isaiah 65:15 ; Zechariah 8:13
- and ye shall see
- Jeremiah 22:10-12 Jeremiah 22:27