Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - John 4|
| 1 ||Christ talks with a woman of Samaria, and reveals himself unto her. |
|27 ||His disciples marvel. |
|31 ||He declares to them his zeal for God's glory. |
|39 ||Many Samaritans believe on him. |
|43 ||He departs into Galilee, and heals the ruler's son that lay sick at Capernaum. |
John 4:46 (King James Version)
So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.
- "It is worthy of remark," says Dr E. D. Clarke, who visited
- Cana a few years ago, "that, walking among the ruins of a church, we saw large massy pots, answering the description given of the ancient vessels of the country; not preserved, but lying about, disregarded by the present inhabitants, as antiquities with whose original use they were unacquainted. From their appearance, and the number of them, it was quite evident that a practice of keeping water in large pots, each holding from eighteen to twenty-seven gallons, was once common in the country
- " (Compare the account of the water pots. ch. 2:6 .)
- 2:1-11 21:2 Joshua 19:28
- or, courtier, or, ruler. whose.
- Psalms 50:15 ; 78:34 Hosea 5:15 ; Matthew 9:18 ; 15:22 Matthew 17:14 Matthew 17:15 Luke 7:2 ; 8:42