Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Joshua 17|
| 1 ||The lot of Manasseh. |
| 7 ||His coast. |
|12 ||The Canaanites not driven out. |
|14 ||The children of Joseph obtain another lot. |
Joshua 17:11 (King James Version)
And Manasseh had in Issachar and in Asher Bethshean and her towns, and Ibleam and her towns, and the inhabitants of Dor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Endor and her towns, and the inhabitants of Taanach and her towns, and the inhabitants of Megiddo and her towns, even three countries.
- 16:9 1 Chronicles 7:29
- Beth-shean, the Scythopolis of the Greek and Roman writers, was situated in the plain of Jordan, west of that river, 120 furlongs (south) from Tiberias, according to Josephus, and 600 furlongs (north) from Jerusalem
- (2 Mac 12:29 It was the largest city of the Decapolis, and the only one on that side of Jordan. It is now called Bisan, 8 ; hours or 24 ; miles from Tiberias; and described by Dr. Richardson, exclusive of its ruins, as a "collection of miserable hovels, containing 200 ; inhabitants."
- 1 Samuel 31:10 1 Samuel 31:12
- 1 Kings 4:12
- 2 Kings 9:27 ; 1 Chronicles 6:70
- Dor, according to Eusebius, was situated on the Mediterranean, nine miles from Csarea Palestine, towards Carmel. The village of Tortura, four leagues north of Csarea, is supposed to nearly occupy it site.
- 12:23 Judges 1:27 ; 1 Kings 4:11
- 1 Samuel 28:7 ; Psalms 83:10
- 12:21 Judges 5:19
- Judges 1:27 ; 5:19 1 Kings 4:12 ; 9:15 2 Kings 9:27 ; 2 Kings 23:29 2 Kings 23:30 2 Chronicles 35:22
- Zechariah 12:11