Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Judges 10|
| 1 ||Tola judges Israel in Shamir. |
| 3 ||Jair, whose thirty sons had thirty cities. |
| 6 ||The Philistines and Ammonites oppress Israel. |
|10 ||In their misery God sends them to their false gods. |
|15 ||Upon their repentance he pities them. |
Judges 10:16 (King James Version)
And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.
- they put
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 ; 15:8 33:15 Jeremiah 18:7 Jeremiah 18:8 ; Ezekiel 18:30-32 ; Hosea 14:1-3 Hosea 14:8
- strange gods
- Hebrew gods of strangers. his soul.
- Genesis 6:6 ; Psalms 106:44 Psalms 106:45 ; Isaiah 63:9 ; Jeremiah 31:20 ; Hosea 11:8 ; Luke 15:20 ; 19:41
- John 11:34 ; Ephesians 4:32 ; Hebrews 3:10 ; 4:15
- Hebrew shortened.
- Not that there is any grief in God; he has infinite joy and happiness in himself, which cannot be broken in upon by either the sins or the miseries of his creatures. Not that there is any change in God; for he is of one mind, and who can turn him? But his goodness is his glory; by it he proclaims his name, and magnifies it; and as he is pleased to put himself into the relation of a father to his people, so he is pleased to represent his goodness to them by the compassion of a father to his children; for as he is the Father of lights, so is he the Father of mercies.