|Overview - Lamentations 1|
|1||The miseries of Jerusalem and of the Jews pathetically lamented, with confessions of their sins.|
|12||The attention and compassion of beholders demanded to this unprecedented case.|
|18||The justice of God acknowledged, and his mercy supplicated, with prayers against insulting foes.|
Lamentations 1:15 (King James Version)
The Lord hath trodden under foot all my mighty men in the midst of me: he hath called an assembly against me to crush my young men: the Lord hath trodden the virgin, the daughter of Judah, as in a winepress.
- 2 Kings 9:33 ; 24:14-16 25:4-7 Psalms 119:118 ; Isaiah 5:5 ; 28:18
- Jeremiah 50:26 ; *marg:
- Daniel 3:13 ; Micah 7:10 ; Malachi 4:3 ; Luke 21:24 ; Hebrews 10:29
- 3:34 Deuteronomy 28:33 ; Judges 10:8 ; *marg:
- Jeremiah 51:34
- the virgin, etc
- or, the winepress of the virgin, etc.
- Jeremiah 14:17
- as in
- Isaiah 63:3 ; Revelation 14:19 Revelation 14:20 ; 19:15