|Overview - Leviticus 22|
|1||The priests in their uncleanness must abstain from the holy things.|
|6||How they shall be cleansed.|
|10||Who of the priest's house may eat of the holy things.|
|17||The sacrifices must be without blemish.|
|26||The age of the sacrifice.|
|29||The law of eating the sacrifice of thanksgiving.|
Leviticus 22:3 (King James Version)
Say unto them, Whosoever he be of all your seed among your generations, that goeth unto the holy things, which the children of Israel hallow unto the LORD, having his uncleanness upon him, that soul shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.
- having his uncleanness upon him
- That is, in other words, "when he is unclean."
- Leviticus 7:20 Leviticus 7:21
- that soul
- That is, according to some, thrust out of the priest's office, or from officiating at the altar; or, according to others, cut off by some immediate stroke of divine justice, like Nadab and Abihu.
- from my
- Exodus 33:14 Exodus 33:15 ; Psalms 16:11 ; 51:11 Matthew 25:41 ; 2 Thessalonians 1:9