Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Leviticus 9|
| 1 ||The first offerings of Aaron, for himself and the people. |
| 8 ||The sin offering, |
|12 ||and the burnt offering for himself. |
|15 ||The offerings for the people. |
|23 ||Moses and Aaron bless the people. |
|24 ||Fire comes from the Lord, upon the altar. |
Leviticus 9:22 (King James Version)
And Aaron lifted up his hand toward the people, and blessed them, and came down from offering of the sin offering, and the burnt offering, and peace offerings.
- his hand
- or, as the Greek has it, "his hands."
- Menachem gives reason why it is written hand, to signify the right hand, because that was lifted up higher than the left. The lifting up of the hand was a gesture used in speaking, and signifying any weighty thing, Isaiah 49:22 ;and particularly in swearing, Genesis 14:22 ;praying, Psalms 28:2 ;and blessing, either of God, Psalms 134:2 ,or of men, as in this place. Paul, speaking of prayer, uses the phrase, "lifting up holy hands;" as also David: "Let the lifting up of my hands be as the evening sacrifice."
- Genesis 14:18-20 ; Numbers 6:23-27 ; Deuteronomy 10:8 ; 21:5 1 Kings 8:55 ; 1 Chronicles 23:13
- 2 Chronicles 6:3 ; Psalms 72:17 ; Mark 10:16 ; Luke 24:50 ; Acts 3:26 ; 2 Corinthians 13:14
- Hebrews 7:6 Hebrews 7:7 ; 1 Peter 3:9