|Overview - Nahum 1|
|1||The majesty of God in goodness to his people, and severity against his enemies.|
Nahum 1:12 (King James Version)
Thus saith the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
- Through, etc or, If they would have been at peace, so should
- they have been many, and so should they have been shorn, and he should have passed away
- 2 Kings 19:35 2 Kings 19:37 ; Isaiah 10:32-34 ; 14:24-27 17:14 30:28-33 31:8 37:36
- cut down
- Hebrew shorn.
- Isaiah 7:20
- 15 ; Exodus 12:12 ; Isaiah 8:8 ; Daniel 11:10
- I will
- Isaiah 30:19 ; 51:22 60:18-20 Joel 2:19 ; Revelation 7:16