|Overview - Nehemiah 9|
|1||A solemn fast, and repentance of the people.|
|4||The Levites make a religious confession of God's goodness, and their wickedness.|
Nehemiah 9:1 (King James Version)
Now in the twenty and fourth day of this month the children of Israel were assembled with fasting, and with sackclothes, and earth upon them.
- On the first of this month was the feast of trumpets; on the tenth, the day of atonement; on the fourteenth began the feast of tabernacles, which lasted seven days, ending on the twenty- second; on the twenty-third, they separated themselves from their illegitimate wives; and on the twenty-fourth, they held a solemn day of fasting and confession of sin, and reading the law; the whole of which they closed by renewing their covenants.
- Leviticus 23:34 Leviticus 23:39 ; 2 Chronicles 7:10
- of this month
- Judges 20:26 ; 2 Chronicles 20:3 ; Ezra 8:23 ; Esther 4:3 Esther 4:16 ; Isaiah 22:12 ; Joel 1:13 Joel 1:14 ,
- Joel 2:15-17 ; Jonah 3:5-8 ; Acts 13:2 Acts 13:3
- Joshua 7:6 ; 1 Samuel 4:12 ; 2 Samuel 1:2 ; Job 2:12