|Overview - Psalms 132|
|1||David in his prayer commends unto God the religious care he had for the ark.|
|8||His prayer at the removing of the ark;|
|11||with a repetition of God's promises.|
Psalms 132:1 (King James Version)
A Song of degrees. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions:
- M. 2962. B.C. 1042. (Title.) A Song of degrees.
- Some attribute this Psalm to Solomon; and others refer it to the building of the second temple; but it seems more probable that it was sung at the solemn induction of the ark into the tabernacle of Mount Zion, expressing the holy joy and triumph of that event.
- 120:1 121:1 122:1 123:1 124:1 125:1 126:1 127:1 128:1 *titles
- 129:1 130:1 131:1 *titles
- Psalms 25:6 Psalms 25:7 Genesis 8:1 ; Exodus 2:24 ; Lamentations 3:19 ; 5:1
- all his afflictions
- 1 Samuel 18:1-30:31 ; 2 Samuel 15:1-20:26