Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Psalms 35|
| 1 ||David prays for his own safety, and his enemies confusion. |
|11 ||He complains of their wrongful dealing. |
|22 ||Thereby he incites God against them. |
Psalms 35:8 (King James Version)
Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
- Let destruction
- All the verbs in these verses, (ver. 4-8,) in the original, are in the future tense, as a prediction, and should probably be so rendered; though as that tense is frequently used in Hebrew for the imperative, most translators, both ancient and modern, have considered them as an imprecation.
- 64:7 73:18-20 Proverbs 29:1 ; Luke 21:34 ; 1 Thessalonians 5:3
- at unawares
- Hebrew which he knoweth not of. net.
- Psalms 7:15 Psalms 7:16 57:6 Psalms 141:9 Psalms 141:10 Proverbs 5:22
- 1 Samuel 18:17 ; 31:2-4 2 Samuel 17:2-4 2 Samuel 17:23 ; 2 Samuel 18:14 2 Samuel 18:15 Esther 7:10 ; Matthew 27:3-5