Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Revelation 5|
| 1 ||The book sealed with seven seals, |
| 9 ||which only the Lamb that was slain is worthy to open. |
|12 ||Therefore the elders praise him, and confess that he redeemed them with his blood. |
Revelation 5:6 (King James Version)
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
- in the midst of the throne
- a Lamb
- An emblematical representation of our Saviour's high priesthood.
- Revelation 5:9 Revelation 5:12 ; 6:16 7:9-17 12:11 13:8 17:14 21:23 Revelation 22:1 Revelation 22:3 Isaiah 53:7 Isaiah 53:8
- John 1:29 John 1:36 ; Acts 8:32 ; 1 Peter 1:19 1 Peter 1:20
- seven horns
- As a horn is the emblem of power, and seven the number of perfection, the seven horns may denote the almighty power of Jesus Christ.
- 1 Samuel 2:10 ; Daniel 7:14 ; Micah 4:13 ; Habakkuk 3:4 ; Luke 1:69 ; Philippians 2:9-11
- seven eyes
- His infinite knowledge and wisdom; and especially "the treasures of wisdom" laid up in him, to be communicated to the Church by "the seven spirits of God", i
- e., the Holy Spirit.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9 ; Zechariah 3:9 ; 4:10
- the seven spirits