Eliel [N] [E] [H]
(to whom God is strength ).
- One of the heads of the tribe of Manasseh on the east of Jordan. ( 1 Chronicles 5:24 )
- A forefather of Samuel the prophet. ( 1 Chronicles 6:34 )
- A chief man in the tribe of Benjamin. ( 1 Chronicles 8:20 )
- Also a Benjamite chief. ( 1 Chronicles 8:22 )
- One of the heroes of Davids guard. ( 1 Chronicles 11:46 )
- Another of the same guard. ( 1 Chronicles 11:47 )
- One of the Gadite heroes who came across Jordan to David when he was in the wilderness of Judah hiding from Saul. ( 1 Chronicles 12:11 )
- A Kohathite Levite at the time of transportation of the ark from the house of Obed-edom to Jerusalem. ( 1 Chronicles 15:9 1 Chronicles 15:11 ) (B.C. 1043.)
- A Levite in the time of Hezekiah; one of the overseers of the offerings made in the temple. ( 2 Chronicles 31:13 ) (B.C. 726.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Eliel'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.