Elihu [N] [E] [H]
(whose God is he (Jehovah) ).
- One of the interlocutors in the book of Job. [JOB JOB] He is described as the "son of Baerachel the Buzite."
- A forefather of Samuel the prophet. ( 1 Samuel 1:1 )
- In ( 1 Chronicles 27:18 ) Elihu "of the brethren of David" is mentioned as the chief of the tribe of Judah.
- One of the captains of the thousands of Manasseh, ( 1 Chronicles 12:20 ) who followed David to Ziklag after he had left the Philistine army on the eve of the battle of Gilboa.
- A Korhite Levite in the time of David. ( 1 Chronicles 26:7 )
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Elihu'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.