Elio-ena-i [N] [E] [H]
(my eyes are toward the Lord ).
- Elsest son of Neariah, the son of Shemaiah. ( 1 Chronicles 3:23 1 Chronicles 3:24 )
- Head of a family of the Simeonites. ( 1 Chronicles 4:36 ) (B.C. after 1451.)
- Head of one of the families of the sons of Becher, the son of Benjamin. ( 1 Chronicles 7:8 )
- A Korhite Levite, and one of the doorkeepers of the "house of Jehovah." ( 1 Chronicles 26:3 )
- A priest in the days of Ezra, one of those who had married foreign wives. ( Ezra 10:22 ) (B.C. 446.) Possibly the same as
- An Israelite of the sons of Zattu, who had also married a foreign wife. ( Ezra 10:27 ) (B.C. 458.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Elioenai'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.