Hashabiah [N] [E] [H]
(whom God regards ).
- A Merarite Levite. ( 1 Chronicles 6:45 )
- Another Merarite Levite. ( 1 Chronicles 9:14 )
- The fourth of the six sons of Jeduthun, ( 1 Chronicles 25:3 ) who had charge of the twelfth course. ver. 19. (B.C. 1014.)
- One of the descendants of Hebron the son of Kohath- ( 1 Chronicles 26:30 )
- The son of Kemuel, who was prince of the tribe of Levi in the time of David ( 1 Chronicles 27:17 ) (B.C. 1014.)
- A Levite one of the "chiefs" of his tribe, who officiated for King Josiah at his great Passover feast. ( 2 Chronicles 35:9 ) (B.C. 623).
- A Merarite Levite who accompanied Ezra from Babylon. ( Ezra 8:19 )
- One of the chiefs of the priests who formed part of the same caravan. ( Ezra 8:24 ) (B.C. 536.)
- Ruler of half the circuit or environs of Keilah; he repaired a portion of the wall of Jerusalem under Nehemiah. ( Nehemiah 3:17 ) (B.C. 446.)
- One of the Levites who sealed the covenant of reformation after the return from the captivity. ( Nehemiah 10:11 ; 12:24 ) comp. Nehe 12:26 (B.C. 446-410.)
- Another Levite, son of Bunni. ( Nehemiah 11:15 )
- A Levite, son of Mattaniah. ( Nehemiah 11:22 )
- A priest of the family of Hilkiah in the days of Joiakim son of Jeshua. ( Nehemiah 12:21 )
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Hashabiah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.